How to Prepare Almond Milk at Home.
Almond Milk is a vegan and lactose-free drink, super easy to do at home, the main ingredients are Almonds and water.
It recently gained a lot of popularity. Why? first, It is suitable for people with lactose intolerances, and second It has a delicious nutty and little sweet taste.
If you prepare this milk at home, you will have a fresh drink free from : preservatives, thickeners, and artificial sweeteners. You know what you drink !
You can prepare it with the texture that you desire from creamy to lighter playing with the ratio of almond and water.
Yes, this is a very important step that cannot be skip, we must soak in water for around 18 to 20 hours before using it, reasons:
· Allows easy remotion of almond skin
· Make it easy to blend
· Help to release toxins that are present in the almonds
Soaking water must be discarded and the almonds rinsed with clean water before using it.
Ingredients to Prepare the Almond Milk at Home
• 100 gr of whole almonds
• 4 cups of filtered water, (1 ltr of water)
• 2 TBSP of vanilla extract (optional)
• Pinch of Himalayan Salt
• 3 – 5 Seedless Dates (optional)
• Cheese Cloth or Fabric to strain food.
Instructions to prepare Almond Milk at Home
- Soak the almond the night before(overnight).
2. Discard the soaking water and soak them again for 15 minutes with warm water to easily remove the skin from almonds and discard this water.
3. In a separate bowl, soak 3 – 5 fresh pitter dates in 1/2 cup of warm water to soften the dates and made them easy to blend.
4. Add a cup of skinless almonds, 1-1/2 cups of filtered water, dates, mix in the blender until the almonds have been crushed.
5. In a large bowl, strain the milk with the cheesecloth to separate the almond fiber, squeeze well. Repeat the process until all the almonds have been used.
6. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt (optional) and vanilla essence (optional), I added my own Vanilla extract, prepared at home from fresh Vanilla pods.
7. Using a funnel, transfer the milk to a sterilized glass bottle with hermetic closure.
8. At this point the milk is ready to Enjoy !.
- For creamier milk reduce the water from 4 to 3 cups.
- use your favorite spices to add flavor to the milk: cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, or vanilla pods, turmeric, etc.
- Sweetener options: you can choose between honey, maple syrup, dates.
How to Prepare Almond Milk at Home
- Cheese Cloth or Fabric to strain food, Blender
- sterilized Glass Bottle
- 100 gr whole almonds
- 4 cups Filtered Water
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Essence Optional
- 1 Pinch Himalayan salt Optional
- 3 – 5 Units Pitted Dates Optional
- Soak the Almonds Overnight
- Discard the soaking water and soak them again for 15 minutes with warm water to easily remove the skin of the almonds and discard this water.
- In a separate bowl, Soak 3-5 fresh pitted dates in 1/2 cup of warm water to soften the dates.
- Add a cup of skinless almonds, 1-1/2 cups of filtered water, and dates to the blender. Mix until the almonds have been well crushed.
- In a large bowl strain the milk with the cheesecloth to separate the almond fiber, squeeze well. This process is repeated until all the almonds are finished
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt, vanilla extract (optional) add to your taste.
- Using a funnel, transfer the milk to a sterilized glass bottle with hermetic closure.
- At this point, the milk is ready to be consumed or refrigerated.