Quinoa and Chickpea Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tahini Sauce
This time a complete vegetarian meal. Quinoa and chickpea stuffed Bell peppers with Tahini sauce.
what to love from this Quinoa and Chickpea Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe ?
- You can prepare it in advance, 1 day before and keep it on the fridge.
- Quinoa and Chick pea are rich in proteins what made it very nutritious meal.
- Tahini sauce made from sesame seed, is rich in taste and have multiples benefits for our health; as it contain minerals , proteins and good fats.
Bell peppers (any color)
tomato or bell pepper paste
Extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
Pomegranate seeds and chopped walnuts can be added as topping. you can choose your favorite nut and added to you taste.
Thanks Garineh Serpenkian and ALEVOO..! was very nice to have the opportunity to cook, shoot and style your recipes.
was great to work with a group of lovely ladies that as the same as Celestial beam, want to motivate people to take care of themselves, and part of it, is with a healthy diet not BORING just healthy..!
Quinoa and Chickpea stuffed Bell Pepper with Tahini Sauce
- oven, Oven dish
- 6 Large bell peppers any color
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ fresh mint leaves chopped
- 300 gr jarred chickpeas roughlu chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅛-¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or bell pepper paste
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses optional
- 1½ tsp salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika optional
- ½ tsp all spices optional
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- Add the water to the quinoa into a pot on high heat until it starts boiling then cover and reduce the heat to cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- To prepare the stuffing, use 1 tablespoon of olive oil in another pot and sauté the onions for about 5 minutes. Add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato &/or pepper paste, molasses, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, all spice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the stuffing, plus the parsley, mint leaves, chickpeas, and the olive oil.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers, and core out the seeds and white parts, and arrange them in a baking dish – if the bell peppers keep tumbling in the dish then do a small cut in the bottom of the pepper to sit nicely
- Stuff the bell peppers to the top and add the head.
- Bake in preheated oven 200° (bottom heating) for 25 to 30. You can turn on the top heating in the last 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with the tahini sauce.
How to do Tahini Sauce
- Mix the tahini with the salt and garlic then gradually add water until well incorporated – not too thick and not too runny. You may need more or less than the 1 cup.If this is your first time making tahini sauce then know that it goes into different phases of consistency and textures, just keep mixing it and add more water slowly until it becomes creamy.
- The best part about this recipe is that it can be eaten hot or cold the next day and will taste amazing both ways. Plus, if there’s extra stuffing then you can just eat it as a salad