Crunchy rice bars with Chocolate and Pistachio.
Believe me, these crispy rice bars with dark chocolate, almond and pistachios will be the snack that everyone will undoubtedly love.
the recipe is easy to prepare, no baking required, in almost 30 minutes the bars will be ready to put on the fridge to let them cool.
Roasted rice bars are gluten-free, because the rice is naturally free of gluten. The lactose-free option will depend on the chocolate you use (milk chocolate or dark chocolate). So check what is the most suitable for your health and your palate. You can also find Lactose free Chocolate in the market.
I used dark chocolate with 70% cacao, which will give an intense chocolate flavor and has lower sugar content.
What ingredientes do you need to prepare crispy rice bars ?
- Toasted Rice, check that it is certified gluten free product.
- Dark Chocolate, 70% cacao. It means that 70% of the chocolate content is cacao mass and the remaining 30%, in general, is cacao butter, sugar and emulsifier
- Small mashmellos or if you only find big one , cut them in small pieces so will be easier to melt and mix with the other ingredients
- Silvered almond and pistachios roughly cut.
- Extra virgin coconut oil.
Crispy Rice Bars with chocolate and Pistachios
- rectangular mold 20cmx28cm , parchment paper
- 2 cups toasted rice
- ⅓ cup Pistachios roguhly cut and silvered almonds
- 130 gr dark chocolate, 70% cacao
- 2 cups minimashmellos
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate in bain Marie and reserve.
- Prepare a rectangular mold 20 cm x 28 cm with parchment paper.
- Place a heavy bottom pot on the stove, when this is hot add the coconut oil, add the mashmellos, stir with a wooden spoon.
- When the mashmellos begin to melt, add the toasted rice in small amounts and stir, add the melted chocolate, add nut (reserve chocolate and nut to add on top).
- Remove the mixture from the stove and place the mixture on the mold and press it to get a compacted flat surface, then add the remaining melted chocolate and nuts on top.
- Refrigerate, cool in the fridge for 30 minutes, then cut the bars